Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Organizing Hair Accessories

I remember back when I first started learning how to style A's hair, I would always buy random hair accessories and throw them all in this huge bag. Well, that didn't work. When I needed something I would have to dump the entire bag out and search for that white clip or that pink ballie. On top of that, everything was wrapped around each other! It was not a good sight, that's for sure. Plus, it made things stressful. Especially if we didn't have a lot of time.

Now we have this little setup that works out perfectly. I found some things around the house and made it work. You can too!

First, we have a new addition. A super cute cupcake themed bow holder from Little Lady & Me: A lot of Style for your Little Lady. All of the bows seen on the bow holder are from Little Lady & Me.

Photobucket

Next, we have a storage bin I had laying around the house. I finally put it to good use. You should be able to find one of these at Walmart, Target, etc for around $10-$15.

I have beads in ziplock baggies, headbands in a bag that came with one of A's princess sets, ponytail holders in ziplock baggies, barrettes/ballies in onesie packs. (thanks to her baby brother!) I also have the spray bottle hanging on the side, and combs and other various things on the bottom.

Photobucket

I hung up a long ribbon on the side of the storage bin and added all of A's bows.

Photobucket

On the other side of the bin I have curlers. The flexi-rods and rollers are in bags that came with her princess sets.

Photobucket

I took these pictures so you can get a better look at everything.

Ponytail holders, headbands, rubberbands, and other unopened accessories.

Photobucket

Barrettes/ballies in onesie packs. :)

Photobucket

Beads in ziplock baggies.

Photobucket

Hair tools.

Photobucket

Hair curlers.

Photobucket

I try to keep everything color coordinated. It is very helpful. Especially when you're dealing with beads. At one point I had all of the beads in a jar together and I struggled finding the right colors to put on the beader.

So there you have it! Our little set up. I hope it has given you some ideas. I know we will have to upgrade to something bigger soon but for now this is what works for us.

How do you keep your hair accessories organized?

21 comments :

  1. =o <-- That's my shocked face. I've seen some of your set up before, but it's grown a ton! Holy cow that's a lot of bows. Now I feel like my girls' hair is naked all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an impressive collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my goodness. i am such an underachiever when it comes to hair accessories. thanks for the tips and ideas for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you used the soft spikes yet? I saw them for the first time recently but was wondering what the benefits were vs the other curling options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to your lil one hair timeline. Just want an example so I can have an ideal about my 2 yr. old's hair.
    countrycutenezz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now have hair accessory envy. Your collection is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if we combined our haircessories we could open a beauty supply loL! But such a good idea! Will definitely have to start this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an extra sterlite rolling bin hanging around and I did something similar to you. I put the beads in little baggies, knockers (ponytail holders) in another drawer, rollers, so forth and so on until I had this thing full to the brink. Then I went back and purchased another one for my hair items LOL. So we're organized to the T

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Thanks ladies!

    @ Deidre, I have not used them yet but I will definitely be posting a review in the near future!

    @Renee, I wouldn't doubt that! LOL <3

    @KQ, nice!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your idea of colors being together, I have mine seperated by the type of hair accessory, but I think the color way may be more helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHOA what a collection!!! I'm amazed! Thanks for the organizing tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSss she's got a colletion!!!

    Wow, I have a feeling I am gonna go to the shops today...hhhmmmmm...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW......

    I had so much stuff when I was in the states, we are in Italy now, and I have to order everything online, I waiting for a shipment right now, good organization... I love your pictures.....and sorry to hear about what happened. I will show you guy some pictures of my 5 year old when my shipment gets here...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We use a tackle box right now though are quickly outgrowing it. I may need to use it just for beads. I saw a rolling craft cart with tons of divided drawers at Target and also at JoAnns so may need to invest in that soon. My husband has no idea what's comign down the pike, wonder if I should show him those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very organized, I try but it never stay organized for long. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. great collection.. i'll post mine up next week.. i finally have a system that works for me now to.. i previously dumped everything into one large storage box but sorting was a disaster.. so im now organised and can not believe i didn't sort myself out sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi ladies, Well I have organized "S" hair accessories at last. I have used empty gerber baby food containers (square plastic ones). They are wonderful for beads, barretts and rubberbands. I stacked those inside a wipes tub, you can get about 8 of them in. RECYCLE

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOOD IDEA I NEVER COULD FIGURE OUT WHERE TO PUT ALL MY DAUGHTERS HAIR STUFF I LOVE THOSE BOWS DID YOU MAKE THOSE?I LOVE UR HAIRSTYLES TOO MY DAUGHTER HAS SIMILAR HAIR AS YOURS ITS TIME CONSUMING I CAN TELL YOU :)HAVE A MAGICAL DAY ºOº

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!!!!, this is soooo neat....when are you going to post new pics?????????????????

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.