Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My New Years Hair Resolution

Photobucket

Hey ladies!

I wanted to share my new years hair resolution with you all. I previously shared these pictures and exciting news with my BBC mamas, then shared them over on NC in the 2 section.

Both pictures I washed my hair and let it air dry with no product in. The first was taken July 18th, the second was taken December 28th.

My hair is naturally curly but I have been flat ironing my hair since I was about 13 years old. I'm talking every day, 2-3 times per day. Well, I completely flat ironed my curls out. I had 8 inches cut off a few months after having my son. (he was born in April) I have *rarely* been using heat on my hair and it seems like it is trying to come back to life. I know I still need a major cut to get rid of all of the damage. Looking at the after picture, my hair is just wavy, but when I look at older pictures (specifically when I was 9-13) my hair was curly. I'm definitely excited for my natural hair to be back. So my new years hair resolution is to put very minimal (if any) heat on my hair, and if I do happen to flat iron my hair, use a heat protectant. I look forward to learning more about my hair, and what products my hair likes. In the mean time, I will be checking out The Wavy Tales. She has a lot of great reviews and is definitely a certified product junkie. lol :) I also plan on learning more about the Curly Girl Method for my hair. Stay tuned!

By the way, don't mind the sunglasses picture, that was the only one I could find where my hair wasn't flat ironed.

Do you have a hair resolution for yourself or your little one?

6 comments :

  1. That's great!! I'm so excited for you! I really hope you blog about it through the year.

    The Curly Girl techniques helped me discover that my formerly just-kind-of-wavy hair is actually pretty curly. Months in, I'm seeing more curls all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice Katie! So maybe if I'm confused about something I can just ask you. lol :) Do you have the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My resolution is to be a little more experimental with my DD, Diva A and my own hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is gorgeous. The wavy makes your hair look so full. Great job.

    My New Years resolution is to go back to using the simple products I had been using on my four boys since they were 2 months old. This year was the first year I went out of the box for them by trying new products. I must say their hair did not shed as much before trying these products. I know because I did not try many of these products on my 4 year old (too scared)and his hair is still doing great.

    Don't know my boys resolution yet...because I told them to write them down and we will talk about them together on New Years Eve.


    Hey Nikki, I've been meaning to ask what is the full name of the site BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. may your curls come back in full force.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.