Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mini Braids: 19/24 Day Update





A's mini braids have been in 19/24 days now. As you may know from the previous post, I did these braids over the course of week so there's no specific date. I started them on May 15th and it is now June 7th. I think they have held up pretty well considering she has been swimming every day since we set the pool up, which was shortly after her braids were in. They are quite frizzy, especially the top, but she has been having a blast in the water so who's complaining?

Before she gets in the pool, I rinse her braids with water and apply a generous amount of Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk. I then place the braids in 1-2 buns. After she's done swimming I rinse her hair well once again and I shampoo with Kinky Curly Come Clean shampoo. I picked up some bottles of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (old ingredients) so I have mostly been using that. After washing I usually apply Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer (makes her hair feel amazing) but I have been experimenting with a few different things. One day I tried Curly Q's Custard, another day I used Kinky Curly Curling Custard alone, defined the ends of her braids quite nicely.







I haven't been styling her hair much. There's really no need since she's just going to get it wet but I did do a super quick style today. I took the top section of her braids and placed 3 large cornrows going to the side.





A couple of random pictures above. As previously stated, her braids are quite frizzy on the top (not visible in the pictures) so I think I may take the top down and restyle later on this week.

You can view more updates on our Facebook Page. Be sure to check out all the other amazing protective styles done by our readers! :)

9 comments :

  1. love the simple lil cornrow style with the headband. super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A's braids are beautiful! One suggestion, if you want to keep her braids in for a little longer, you can always re-braid the top (frizzy) section. It will make her hair look freshly done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A's braids still look great! Thanks for giving an update on them. Question concerning on prepping her hair before the pool, are you doing this because your home pool contains chlorine? Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. :)

    @Levone, yes, there is chlorine in our pool.

    -Nik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Braids still look beautiful!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.