Friday, June 10, 2011

Cornrows & Mini Braids + Lil Man's Cornrows



I decided to switch up the top of A's mini braids after 21/26 days of being in. I didn't take out too many, about the first 2-3 rows of mini braids in the front. It still took about an hour to take them down. The take down was pretty easy, I didn't wet the braids and add conditioner as I normally would because I was on a time crunch and I prefer cornrowing dry hair. As you can see, the cornrows at the top are really basic I started in the very middle and parted at an angle the entire time. The cornrows took about 30 minutes.

I braided Lil Man's hair as well. As you can see, I just did some basic straight back cornrows. It took about 30 minutes as well.

10 comments :

  1. rip to my sons hair.. you made me miss it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here pregnant with my first child and after seeing your daughter's hair I got the first sting of wanting a girl! My stepdaughter thinks that she's too old for any type of hairstyling (11).

    I just want to show everyone that mixed hair (hubby's filipino, stepdaughter is black and filipino) or black hair is so versitile just because it's long doesn't mean that it's doomed to a life a being in a ponytail day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cornrows!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both these pics. Lil Man's cornrows look great. A's hair looks beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at LIL MAN! lol so cute. I just styled my lil cousins hair like little man a week ago. He is a year old. I will post those pics soon. A is always fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the addition of cornrows to her mini braids! They still look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how long did it take for all of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. her hair is so long
    ,my daugthers hair is so short

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.