Friday, June 17, 2011

Diva Spotlight: Anisah



Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:
My name is Akisha and I am the mommy to a 2 year old diva. My darling daughter's name is Anisah. I believe she has a mixture of 4a and 4b. We are both naturals!



What is your daughter's hair care routine?
I wash and deep condition Anisah's hair weekly. As far as styling, Anisah's hair tend to frizz easily so we can not maintain styles for a long period of time. Usually when I braid her hair it lasts about 4 days, and with twists she can go about 3days before I have to re-twist. Keeping a headscarf on her head at night was a bit of a problem because my baby is a wild sleeper....she gets that from me, so right now she sleeps on a satin pillowcase and it seems to be working out well.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?
Currently we use Shea Moisture products. Her hair loves that stuff!!! I detangle with Kinky Kurly Knot Today and I use the Curls creme brule' and the lavish curls moisturizer. For Daily moisturizing I use a moisture mix of water and oils (usually Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Almond Oil,TeaTree Oil, or Castor Oil.....depending on what I have).

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?
I have never used any chemicals on Anisah's hair and I don't have any plans to do so. I learned from the mistakes that I made with chemicals in my hair, so I would never put chemicals in her hair.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?
Sure, I still have not completely mastered the art of hair styling but I make it work.















How did you learn to do all of this?
I learned from basically trial and error. Youtube and websites like BBB, have definitely been a blessing in my life!!!!

How does your daughter feel about her hair? Can we see her favorite style?
Anisah loves her hair!! She does not enjoy the process of getting her hair done but she loves the final product!!! All of her styles are her favorite styles right now, Im sure as she gets older she will have one that she prefers but for right now she just enjoys being the girly girl that has a hair-do!

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
Take the time to learn what your hair loves! Dont just assume that a certain product will work well on your hair based on someone else's hair. Educate yourself and be mindful of what your putting in your hair!

26 comments :

  1. Look at that gorgous head of hair! Anisah is absolutely adorable. I love the mohawk with the twists, it's too cute!


    http://intermittentbabbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Girl is soooo cute :D And Mammas Hair is great too ;) Greetz from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this cutie patootie from the BBB challenge and highly anticipated this post!! Oh my gosh. Where should I start?? lets just say she is an absolute DOLL BABY!!! And that big hair? Yummerz!! great job w/styling. Her hair is similar to BBH so I know the work put in to style and keep it healthy when she wears it out. Great job. I agree with BBB's comment from the challenge. This girl should be modeling. HHhhhh so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for this post!!! What a cutie and a ton of hair! My baby has a lot of hair too and I am struggling. Thanks for the tips. Love this site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's so cute! That dimple, I can't take it! Beautiful hair, great job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh! she is soooo adorable. Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. she has the sweetest face ever! i love her big hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at her hair and her little dimples! ooh! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is gorgeous! And I just love her name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give thanks Mama! You and your baby girl are so precious! Just so beautiful. Her styles are simple, innocent, and beautiful, the way a young girl is to be. Keeping our youths maintained properly for their age is fun and a great bonding experience for mother/daughter and father/son. We are teaching them the simplicity, humility, elegance, and joy of loving themselves, their natural beauty, and their natural history. Natural hair isn't a promotional item. Natural hair is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful little girl with a beautiful head of hair!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baby girl is drop dead gorgeous..and the hair...WOW! Great job Akisha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just divine! You both are. You do an excellent job with her hair. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. both my DH and I said "Awwww" when we saw her. she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is beautiful! And you're doing and awesome job with her hair. She's like my baby, dreads the process but loves the end result! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so adorable!!!! AHHH the cuteness is too much.

    I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh she is SOOOOO beautiful!!! :) I love the mohawk with the twists so much and i´m going to try it next time on my little Em :)
    And i totally agree BBB has also been a blessing in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is such a cutie! Awww...

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!! She is toooo cute with that dimple, I love it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is absolutely adorable. I want to bite those cheeks. LOL. She is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is the cutest little love muffin!! so stinkin cute

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.