Monday, May 30, 2011

Diva Spotlight: Brooke



Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:
This is my daughter Brooke, she is 8 years old, and loves to swim. I recently decided to wear my hair natural in February 2010, and decided that I would no longer put heat in Brooke's hair as well. She loves dressing up and she is a complete GIRLY GIRL!

What is your daughter's hair care routine?
I wash her hair once a week along with a deep condition. We do twist and braid outs along with french braids. Her hair is moisturized weekly, and styles usually last up to 3-4 days (I'm a stickler for seeing little girls look neat and PRETTY all the time) so no longer than 4 days.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?
I use everything! I can't tell you where I start. I switch so often. I'm a product JUNKIE! lol. Any shampoos without sulfates, and good moisturizer. Currently we are using Shea Moisture products.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?
No, never crossed my mind! Her hair is very manageable and even if it wasn't, I would never put chemicals in my daughters hair.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?
SURE!















How did you learn to do all of this?
I learned how to do hair experimenting with my own hair and watching Youtube videos.

How does your daughter feel about her hair? Can we see her favorite style?
She goes to a diverse school, and around 5% of the students are African American. For a while I struggled with her asking me to wear her hair straight EVERYDAY because of her environment. I explained to her the process it took to make her hair straight and how doing it everyday would damage her hair. I told her the difference between her hair, and other nationalities, and that her hair was just as beautiful as theirs. She accepted everything I told her and she LOVES every strand of her hair. I myself had to eat those words when I decided to cut all of my straight hair off and start all over, and I LOVE IT! I ONLY straighten her hair on special occasions, (seeing that it poofs up when she breaks a sweat or humidity).



If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
Rubber bands are the Devil. A clean scalp equals health hair, so don't be afraid to wash your daughters hair. Moisturize, Moisturize, and Moisturize! Thanks for letting us share! :~)

Here's a Braid Out 101 video from Brooke and her mother. Make sure you stop by their youtube and subscribe. Click here to check out more of their videos!



Click here to see how you can sign your Diva up!

14 comments :

  1. She's gorgeous! and such a model!! :D Thanks for sharing :)
    ~Karli
    www.curlyhairdoideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very beautiful, a few of her poses looked a little too grown, but she is a cutie and i love her clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke is a cutie! Quite the model too :)



    precious-curls.blogspot.com
    joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely braid out! What do you do to maintain it all week? Do you spray it every day and what does she wear on it when she sleeps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a little cutie, love the hair styles! A budding fashionista as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is too cute! she is workin that camera. her hair looks top notch in every single photo! great job mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute! Where do you get the feather hair accessories?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful daughter! Beautiful hair! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!
    At night I add a little moisturizer to her hair and retwist her hair (no combing) back in two strand twist. In the morning, untwist, style, and that's it. My girlfriend Tanaya Parker makes her clothing along with matching hair accessories. You can contact her on facebook at:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jazzi-Girlz/181587322487?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a great job on her hair. All of her styles are gorgeous, and so is she. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous girl with such personality!! Her hair looks so pretty and healthy. This was a great spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is absolutely beautiful! She is definitely a model and I LOVE her with the curls. She looks like such a joy. Good job, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is such a beautiful girl, I love her hair...I love her dress style, its so fly and so girly girly..she is a real model!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.