Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quicker Box Braiding Method





Rachael writes:

Hey, I thought I'd let you know I have learned a great time-saver when doing small box braids.

Whenever I'm making square or rectangular parts, I tend to be a perfectionist and the parting takes FOREVER....as if box braids don't take long enough to do! lol

I started making little half-moons instead of "boxes." It made the whole process go so much faster because I wasn't worried about getting the parts just right....and it turned out really cute, too. It ended up looking almost like little diamonds, but all I did was make little half-circles at her nape and worked my way up just by making little curved parts. I'll attach a pic or 2 so you can see. Just thought I'd share, in case you ever wanted to try it on A or share with others. :)

And for those of you who need more of a visual (such as myself), I put this together really quick:


Rachael did three at the nape of the neck and built from there.

Thank you so much for sharing, Rachael! I am going to give this a try next time we do box braids.

12 comments :

  1. Wow! Great tip, I love this idea! Parting box braids takes me forever because I'm so OCD about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow !! beautiful braid her hair is gawjus....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great tip! I'm planning box braids this for this weekend and I'll try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! I just tried to do Mari's first set of very small box braids and after doing the bottom 1/2 (38 braids), I gave up....it was too time-consuming for the results I was getting (cause I'm a perfectionist). These look great and could totally ease the stress of parting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will def be trying this in the near future. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tip! thanks so much for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful boxbraids..and a gud tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! I'll have to try that the next time I do box braids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! DD won't wear braids for more than a day anymore so box braids aren't worth the effort. But I'll definitely keep this in mind if I get the guts to invest the time and energy again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you do the front? I would like to see a picture of the front.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glamazini on youtube sorta uses this method on her husbands hair.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a03qgLFynA

    here is the link to the video where she explains and shows it.

    HTH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous hair and braids! Wow....

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.