|Please note: My daughters hair did not look like that before straightening. That's just a picture showing you what her curls look like.|
I finally straightened Miss A's long natural hair. Can you believe it? I sat her down and I told myself I would try one section and if that one section was not straight after one pass of the flat iron, I would quit. Well as you can see, it worked! And the best part, the actual straightening process only took roughly 40 minutes. #Winning
So I'm sure you want to know how it was done, right? It's not as difficult as you may think...
- I washed her hair a few nights before using Bee Mine Products. Don't forget you can use our reader discount code: COLDBBB for 10% off your purchase only at Beemineproducts.com
- After washing and detangling, I moisturized her hair with our favorite product, Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer. Click here for Miss A's full hair care routine.
- I banded her hair immediately after moisturizing in two sections. Click here for Banding F.A.Q.
- The following day I removed the bands, detangled and put her hair in one banded ponytail going straight down her back.
- On day three it was time to flat iron her hair but first I applied a small amount of extra virgin coconut oil to her hair to protect her curls from any heat damage. Grabbing a very small (about 1 inch in width) section, I brushed the section with our Denman D3 brush and ran the flat iron down the section from root to tip.
- I used a pink Hana Elite 2 inch flat iron that was gifted to us from Misikko.com a while back. Absolutely love this flat iron. I kept the flat iron around 300 degrees and continued this process until complete, which again only took about 40 minutes.
|Flat iron used, only we used a 2 inch made for thicker hair.|
I think banding her hair made the biggest impact. Her hair was already stretched out quite a bit thanks to banding. If you plan on straightening natural hair any time soon, band the hair for a couple of days first instead of blow drying to reduce the amount of heat used on the hair.
Bed time routine has been very simple. I have been placing her hair in 1 or 2 twisted ponytails or one loosely banded ponytail, nothing special.
Please feel free to ask any specific questions.
Don't forget to "LIKE" us on Facebook! We have a new page! www.facebook.com/beadsbraidsbeyond