First of all, how adorable is this afro puff barbie tshirt and bow set? Love it! It's by Miss Teeny Fab Couture but we'll get back to that in a moment.
Let's talk about this simple little girls natural hair style!
- Her hair hair was previously moisturized with Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and banded before styling. If you are not sure what banding is, it's a simple way to stretch the curls without the use of heat, check out this post for more info. I find working with stretched hair a lot more easier, you don't have to do it though. Totally up to you.
- With a metal rat tail comb, I parted a large circle on the top of her hair leaving some hair out on each side and tied the back section off.
- Working with just the parted circle section of hair, I began parting a section of hair to cornrow starting at the front of her forehead going all the way around the circle. Somewhat of a swirled effect.
- I applied a little Bee Mine Curly butter to each section and proceeded to cornrow. I continued parting in that swirl effect within the circle until the top section was complete. If you do not know how to cornrow make sure you check out our cornrowing for beginners post
- Once the top was complete I moved on to the back and simply parted front the front of her head down to the nape of her neck, added curly butter and cornrowed. At the end of each cornrow I added a flexi-rod about half way up the braid to curl them.
- I left the flexi-rods in for about 30 minutes, once I took them out the braids were loosely curled.
That's it! Like I said, very simple if you know how to cornrow and totally adorable for a little girl. Especially with a super cute bow on the side! Feel free to accessorize however you like.
If you're interested in trying Bee Mine Products (our favorite!!!) don't forget we have a reader discount code! You can use code BBBSPRING for 10% off your purchase only at www.beemineproducts.com Happy Shopping!
On to the review... Miss Teeny Fab Couture generously sent Miss A this adorable shirt/bow set and we both fell in love with it! It's all very well made, even after washing the shirt still looks awesome. Miss A received so many compliments on it. I mean, it's not often that you see an afro barbie set! I love the 3d bow on the shirt, too cute for words!
Miss Teeny Fab Couture makes pretty much anything you want so make sure you stop by and "like" their facebook page! >>>HERE<<<