Thursday, September 8, 2011

Product Review: Beija-Flor Naturals Creme Brulee


First day of school. Three strand twist out right when I dropped her off.
First day of school.

The claim: "This product is for the happy and nappy, cute and coily, wild and wavy, kinky, curly...well you get the picture! No matter what your ethnic background, if the hair that sits on top of your head can be described as such you know that highly textured hair in all its glory tends to be dry, brittle and prone to breakage."


Price: $12.95 8oz or $24.50 16oz


Ingredients: Herbal Complex (Nettle, Burdock, Rosemary, Mashmellow Root). Organic Shea Butter, Aloe Butter, Murumuru Butter, Organic Aloe Vera Extract, Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Vegetable Emulsifier, Stearic Acid, Xanthum, Vitamin E Paraben Free Preservative, Fragrance

Review: I bought this product in late July and received it in early August. I'm happy I went ahead and bought the 16oz because I have used it on A's hair several times since then. First of all, this product smells amazing! It kind of reminds me of carrot cake. I'm not very good at describing scents though. Let me just say, it smells good enough to eat! It's nice and creamy, kind of thick, but not too thick. This creme easily absorbs in the hair. Perfect for braid outs and twist outs. It provides a really nice hold. The picture above was the first time I used the creme brulee. I set her wet hair in some three strand twists using this product overnight. Her hair was soft and beautifully defined in the morning. Even better, when I picked her up from school (almost 7 hours later), her hair practically looked and felt the same! See below for more pictures.

First day of school. Three strand twist out when I picked her up about 7 hours later.

Large/medium single braids done on wet hair with creme brulee. Click to enlarge. See the shine?
Boho braid with braid out (from above braids) with creme brulee.
Each time I have used this product her hair has remained well moisturized and her braid outs and twist outs have stayed defined, even after a long day at school. I look forward to experimenting some more with this product. I'm very pleased with this purchase and definitely plan on buying some more. By the way, I did use a discount code when I purchased this product. I think it was for 10% off. Unfortunately it is no longer valid but I will keep you all posted when they have another sale/discount code.



7 comments :

  1. I am definitely going to have to give that product line a try! Her hair is beautiful, and that outfit is just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair looks great with this stuff, I have some on the way, can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That boho braid is so cute! You know I am going to try that this weekend right? LOL! I love the entire look. Who would have every guessed that one of my hair idols would be someone young enough to be my own daughter. Great review Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boho braid! Her hair looks beautiful. Also have some on the way. Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were did she get that outfit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty. Her hair is so bold, beautiful & full. I don't see how you do it Nikki. She never has a bad hair day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is gorgeous AND her outfits are the CUTEST I have ever seen on any little girl! GREAT HAIRSTYLES! LOVE! I need to know where you shop!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.