Thursday, September 15, 2011

Diva Spotlight: Alexis


Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:
My name is Johnique and my little princess name is Alexis. Her nickname is Lexi. She's has two brothers Brandon (10 years old) and Jalen, who is 10 months. Alexis' is a daddy girls who loves to wear dresses.

Alexis and family

Alexis and mom
What is your daughter's hair care routine?
I wash and style Alexis' hair every Sunday. It's our little Sunday afternoon tradition. It's a fun activity for me because it reminds me of my mom doing my hair on Sundays for the school week. But I must admit, it can sometimes be frustrating because lately I've been experimenting with "fancy" hairstyles. They turn out nice in the end but Alexis does get fussy sometimes while I'm braiding her hair. One of our fancy hairstyles was the "Cornrows & Hearts - Valentine's Day Style" from this awesome site.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?
I use Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo. I really like the smell and how the shampoo lathers. After I shampoo, I usually spray Alexis hair with Carol Daughters' Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner. I keep Alexis' hair moisturized with Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine or Carol Daughters' Tui Hair Oil. My goal is to keep the whole process simple by just using just a few basic products; shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?
I don't plan to use any chemical treatments on her hair. I will allow her to make that decision when she's older and on her own. I just want her to know that her hair is beautiful the way it is.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?
Yes.








How did you learn to do all of this?
I learned by practicing different styles (and I must admit I'm still learning). We usually check out Beads, Braids & Beyond for inspiration. I try to put my own spin on many of the hairstyles that we find online.

How does your daughter feel about her hair?
Alexis loves her hair, she loves to get a new hairstyle each week. She looks forward to the time we spend together as I wash and style her hair, while she does the same for her doll.

Can we see her favorite style?
Her favorite hairstyle is ponytails, two big ponies. [pictured above]

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
I would say find that the products and routine that works for you and stick with it. Oftentimes, we spend a lot of time and money trying all these things only to be disappointed. Do try many fun hairstyles but keep your routine simple.

2 comments :

  1. Cute!! Love the first style. Is that a braid out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those styles are truly awesome!!! And what a BEAUTIFUL family!! I LOVE to see that!! :)

    Another banger, doll!! Great job...Keep up the amazing work!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.