I'm a little late posting this, we've been so busy! This was the style I did last Halloween when she was Bat Girl. This style fits any occassion and the colorful elastics add a lot of flare. :)
- Start with completely properly detangled, well moisturized hair. I can't stress this enough. :)
- Begin by parting a square in the front middle section on the hair. Once you have this square parted off, start from the nape (back of the neck) and part a small/medium square. Tie this off with your choice of rubberband/elastics, split the section into two equal pieces, and begin doing a sister twist (otherwise known as rope twist). If you're unfamiliar with these twists, you simply twist one strand clockwise and the other counter clockwise, and begin twisting each strand around one another, continuing this motion all the way down.
- Using your beader, add your beads to the twist and tie the ends off with a rubberband/elastic or a hair snap so the beads stay in place.
- Continue parting your squares, tying them off, twisting and adding beads.
- Once that is done, untie your top section, part is straight down the middle and begin parting at a slant with the hair closest to the right (or left) ear. Once you cornrow that section, tie the end of the cornrow off with a rubberband/elastic then begin your sister twist.
- Continue parting at a slant and cornrowing until your right or left section is complete and move on to the other side.
Note: I believe this style took 1 1/2 hours. I know I used unrefined shea butter mixed with virin coconut oil, and I believe a little ORS lock and twist gel, but it's been so long so I'm not certain on the ORS. ;)