Friday, December 18, 2009

More Hair Accessories

Photobucket

So I go to the Beauty Supply Store today to pick up some ORS Lock & Twist gel, I'm in there minding my business when next thing you know I am in the accessory department. Now how did that happen? I don't need any more accessories. It's like an amazing force takes over and you have absoloutely no control over the situation. Here you are in a daze looking at products and reading ingredients while your significant other is calling your name. You can be in Walmart picking up some cleaning supplies but somehow you always end up in the product/accessory department buying up things you know you don't need. Oh, is that what you call a product junkie? Now you KNOW you're a product junkie if that happens! Better yet, how about you're in a store and you get mad because they don't sell hair products OR accessories. Over there muggin' the clerk like they did something wrong. (is that just me?) I mean, not even accessories though? C'mon! :) haha I'm being silly. Let me stop.

So I bought the ORS Lock & Twist Gel alright. I also bought some more beads (regular and stars) and some heart hair snaps. Now supposedly, you can snap those little bad boys at the end of a braid/twist to hold the beads. An option if you're not into rubberbands. Hmmm, will it work or will beads be lost? We shall see!

9 comments :

  1. Daring and brave for the snap clips at end of beads! Can't wait to read the results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some of the heart snaps earlier this week. I put them in Tia's braids this morning (at the end of a row of 6 beads) and they've lasted all day so far. I like them!

    I only have two complaints - 1. that the heart sits kind of sideways (but maybe that's just me being ocd); and 2. that when my hands were greasy with product it was hard to re-open them when I needed to fix something. Not a major issue but a little irritating.

    I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snaps do work! I had a little learning curve with them. I had to practice before I got them to sit exactly as I wanted. I also had to experiment with placement so I wasn't left with wisps of hair sticking out of the snap. The hearts are the much easier to use than the tiny flowers with the center post. You are so lucky to have snaps available at your beauty supply. I have to order online.

    I do the same thing in stores too. I have to check out the hair stuff, even when I'm at the drug store or grocery store and I know they don't have anything I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find! I wish we had some goodies like that here, I am lucky to find a pack of hair ties or barettes, lol! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww i love snaps...my Jen is 17 months old and i've put flowers snaps in the ends..it's better to open and close them a few times before you use them so it will be easier to close when u actaully use them. Also i have only just managed to master the rubberband ending a bead trick, i couldn't get the bead over the band and hair originally.
    As for the "Project Junkie" moment, i think i'm the same, i have so much stuff i don't need...i'm open to trying new thing and i cannot find any nice beads or clips anywhere so i too have to buy online...your lucky lucky lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Can't wait to see how the snaps look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done snaps at the end of braids/twists and they hold just fine. Like the others have said there is a bit of learning/trying out placement but they do work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i need to look into these snaps and see if my girls can wear a few beads every now and then. i wish these had been around when i was a kid. it would have made life a whole lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im exactly the same with hair accessories.. i drift off and end up in the hair accessory section in any store that has one :)it ends with my husband telling me "do you really need it? " me of course i do.. lol

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.