Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We're Back - In Style! Small Cornrows into Large Cornrows

WE'RE BACK!!!!!! I am so very sorry for being MIA lately. To make it up to you all, we brought cupcakes! ♥ Okay, not really. But there is a cupcake on her bow and shirt. Close enough, right? :) I'll be making an update post later on this week. For now, let's get to the style.

Miss A has been wearing her hair out a lot lately  (check out our Facebook page for pictures)so one of my new year's resolutions is to get back to our regular styling routine. I decided to do a somewhat quick style today. I can't take credit for this gorgeous style, I totally got the idea from my Babycenter friends, Valerie and Kim. They originally posted this style a couple of years back and I'm just now getting around to trying it. The only thing I changed was the braids straight down the middle instead of adding beads (which I will probably do later this week). Read below for instructions.

Instructions:
  • Start with properly detangled and preferably well moisturized, stretched hair.
  • Part the hair starting from behind one ear to behind the other ear. Tie the remaining hair back to get it out of your way.
  • With the front section you just parted, part it straight down the middle and tie a section off.
  • Begin at the middle part, use your pintail comb to part at an angle. Cornrow that section of hair but leave the hair loose once you get to the end of the cornrow. Do not continue braiding because you will need the loose hair to go into the large cornrow behind the small cornrowed sections. Continue parting at an angle and cornrowing for the entire top section, leaving the end of the cornrows loose. We ended up having 6 cornrowed sections on each side.
  • Untie the remaining hair and begin parting in the middle of the head, right behind one of your small cornrowed sections. You want this section of hair to also be at an angle, but don't part too much on this particular section because you should have a lot of loose hair from the 6 cornrows you did before.
  • Cornrow that section down the side. This should be a large cornrow. Braid all the way down to the ends.
  • Continue parting large sections at an angle all through the back. We had 7 large cornrows all together.
  • I decided to braid the braids together to make a large one going down her back. I tied it off with an ouchless ponytail holder an added a bow.
  • That's it! I hope this makes sense. If you try this style I would love to see a picture on our Facebook page. Please go "like" the page and get to posting! :)
I'll add more pictures in a few. :)




18 comments :

  1. That just looks gorgeous!! SO excited you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style - and the cupcakes (yum)! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUUUUUTE! And the tee shirt and hair clippie are just settin' it off!! Love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back!! I cant wait until my corn rolls come out looking this great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is VERY cute! in fact, i love it so much this just might be A's next style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! This is an awesome hairstyle I'd be willing to do on my own hair (minus the cupcake bow).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay your back! Welcome back! Great hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. I missed y'all:) A's hair is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back!!! This style is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No matter what I do, my corn rows are still frizzy...what moisturizer are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you're back. Love this style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back! I love Miss A's hair! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.