Friday, March 25, 2011

Gorgeous Updo With Box Braids





Aisha writes:

On the 9th or 10th day of Anisa having her box braids I decided to change them up a bit. I sprayed her braids with a simple water and conditioner mixture and began braiding the front section of her box braids. I gathered a small section near her ear and made a cornrow that led up to the center of her head. I head the other braids out of the way with an ouchless band. I continued to grab sections of her box braids in the front and made cornrows that also led to the center of her head. Anisa ended up falling asleep while I was braiding so I was only able to braid the front section. I was still happy with the results. I gathered the cornrowed section in the front and joined it with the loose box braids in the back. I secured her braids in a high ponytail with an ouchless band. Next, I sprayed the ponytail section and rolled it up using satin covered sponge rollers that were purchased from Wal-Mart. I covered her hair with a satin bonnet for bed and removed the rollers the following day. I did not separate her curls. I knew that they would loosen up and fall a bit on their own while she was at school. Overall, this was a very quick and easy style that gave her box braids a new look.

14 comments:

  1. Incredible creative...how lovely!!! Tumbs up Aisha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    Brianna
    www.girlscurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Great job Aisha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just beautiful!!!



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Aisha, you really need a blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing. Just fabulous! So totally beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEYOND beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I think I will be trying this one in my own hair this week!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.